On Thursday, March 24, 2022, Buckingham Palace issued a press release regarding the upcoming Service of Thanksgiving for the late His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh. The late Duke passed away on April 9, 2021, at Windsor Castle. He was 99 years old.
The Service of Thanksgiving will be held at Westminster Abbey in London, England on Tuesday, March 29, 2022. Members of various European royal families have confirmed their attendance including:
- Their Majesties King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium
- Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
- Their Majesties King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands
- Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands
- Their Majesties King Harald V and Queen Sonja of Norway
- Her Majesty Margareta, Custodian of the Crown of Romania and Prince Radu of Romania
- Their Majesties King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain
- Their Majesties King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden
At this time it is unclear if His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco, Their Royal Highnesses Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, His Serene Highness Prince Hans Adam II of Liechtenstein, Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia, or members of the Greek royal family will attend.
The BBC One will air the Service of Thanksgiving beginning at 10:30 A.M. London time hosted by, Mr. Huw Edwards. Moreover, I do believe the service will be shown live on YouTube. As soon as I find the channel I will let you know.