On Saturday, June 13, 2015, His Royal Highness Prince Carl Philip of Sweden married the love of his life, Miss Sofia Hellqvist, inside the Slottskyrkan at the Kungliga Slottet in Stockholm. The lovely ceremony was presided over by Lars-Göran Lönnermark, head Predicate and Bishop Emeritus, and Michael Bjerkhagen, Pastor of the Royal Court Parish.
The processional song was Athair ar Neamh by Enya. Hymns during the ceremony were #289: Wide is, o Lord, Your Love, like Beach and Meadow and #200: Go Seek, My Heart, the Joys of Life. The traditional wedding songs Fix You by Coldplay and Umbrella by Rihanna were also included in the ceremony.
“…silk crepe overlaid with Italian silk organza. Couture lace made by José María Ruiz was applied to the dress and the train was hand-cut and then hand-stitched in Ida Sjöstedt’s atelier in Stockholm.
The veil in thin bridal tulle was also hand-embroidered with sheer cotton lace. The tiara is a gift from The King and Queen to Princess Sofia.
The bride carried a cascade style bouquet of garden roses with a traditional sprig of myrtle from Sofiero. The flowers were in shades of cream and coral.”
Royal guests in attendance included, well, not that many compared to most royal weddings. So who attended today’s grand affair?
- Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
- Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
- Their Royal Highnesses Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark
- Her Majesty Queen Mathilde of Belgium
- Her Majesty Queen Maxima of the Netherlands
- Their Royal Highnesses The Earl and Countess of Wessex
- Her Majesty Queen Sonja of Norway
- Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
- Her Highness Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and Mr. Ari Behn
- Her Imperial Highness Princess Takamado
- HH Hereditary Prince Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg und Gotha
- TRHs Prince Nikolas and Princess Tatiana of Greece
- TRHs Prince Leopold and Princess Ursula of Bavaria
- TRHs Prince Manuel and Princess Anna of Bavaria
If you missed the royal wedding or if you simply want to watch the whole glamorous wedding all over again then please click here.