Well, what can I say, it sure was an amazing year for royal watchers. So, here is — what I believe to be — the top ten royal events of 2012. 🙂
10. The christening of Her Royal Highness Princess Athena Marguerite Françoise Marie, Princess of Denmark, Countess of Monpezat. The event took place at the lovely Møgeltønder Kirke on May 20, 2012.
9. The Swedish royal court announces the engagement between Her Royal Highness Princess Madeleine of Sweden and American financier, Mr. Christopher O’Neill.
8. Royals attend the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London.
7. The Botswana Affair: His Majesty King Juan Carlos I of Spain takes a stupid lavish animal slaughtering vacation with his “alleged” mistress and several wealthy businessmen.
6. The christening of Her Royal Highness Princess Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary, Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Östergötland. A beautiful christening for the future queen of Sweden.
5. His Royal Highness Prince Harry of Wales has blast in Las Vegas, Nevada. And, no, he didn’t “make it rain” on the ladies at the Spearmint Rhino during his epic time in Sin City. Though he did play an innocent game of “strip billiards” at the Wynn Hotel. 🙂
4. The announcement that Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting.
3. The Luxembourg royal wedding. His Royal Highness Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg marries Comtesse Stéphanie de Lannoy. A truly beautiful wedding and a great moment for the people of Luxembourg.
2. Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II celebrates 40 years on the Danish throne. Danes should be proud. The celebrations for Her Majesty was simply fantastic. 🙂
1. The Diamond Jubilee. The celebration of the 60-year reign of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. One word: EPIC! Long Live the Queen! 🙂