… a comprehensive international collection of loud bells and carillons (clocks games). The second collection in the museum includes the natural and cultural history of the area.
The original museum was opened in 1975 by Prince Bernhard. In 2008 the restoration of the museum began. The museum building is completely renovated and was extended to 1100 square meters. Beside a large, new exhibition hall as the focal point of the museum, there is a glass Orangery in the museum gardens which offers space for workshops, educational projects and events. The museum has also a new entrance, a movie room with education space and gotten a new museum café.
Click here to watch a video. (in Dutch)
Her Majesty also visited the National Bricklaying and Building Championships in Barneveld this afternoon. Again, according to RVD:
Since 1953, this event is organized and supported by the Dutch brick industry to get the youth interested in masonry.
The industry organizes the championships in cooperation with VMBO schools, training in the construction industry and civil society organizations. The Dutch brick industry is represented by the Association Koninklijke Nederlandse Construction ceramics (KNB).
Click the links below to view photos.