According to the Palais Princier, Prince Albert II began his visit with a tour of the newly restored Eglise Saint-Pierre du Haut-de-Cagnes. Soon, he was off to tour Château-Musée Grimaldi constructed by the sovereign prince’s ancestor, Rainier Grimaldi, in 1309. Whilst there the prince unveiled a shiny new plaque commemorating his visit.
Afterward, Prince Albert II toured the town square where he along with Mayor Nègre gave speeches in front of the locals and then attended a reception held in the sovereign prince’s honor.
Photo courtesy of the Palais Princier